Hopkins Heltzel Law Firm
Call For A Consultation814-299-5496

When child custody plans need changing

Due to divorce or separation, there are quite a few Pennsylvania residents with children who have custody plans by which they must abide. If you are one of them and you feel like your current child custody arrangement needs changing, you may be able to successfully seek to have the plan modified. How can you go about doing this?

There are two ways to seek a custody adjustment. You can either try to work out a new plan with your former spouse or partner or you can take the issue to court. How you approach the issue will all depend on why you want the change and what the other parent's feelings are about the matter.

Avoiding court is possible if you and your ex are willing and able to talk things out. You can do this in private, you can do this with the help of legal counsel, or you can even try an alternative dispute resolution method -- such as mediation -- to try to work out a new parenting plan. If this does not work because your ex does not agree with your modification request, going to court really cannot be avoided if it is something you still wish to pursue. To learn more about how to seek a custody modification, please feel free to visit our firm's website. 

If you have a desire for a child custody modification, your reason for doing so matters. Are you doing this for you or for your children? At the end of the day, the change has to benefit them. If it does not, a court will not approve your request. If you believe a custody adjustment will serve your children's best interests, a Pennsylvania family law attorney can review your case and help you seek the modification -- if doing so is deemed appropriate.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Case!

Our dedicated team of experienced attorneys bring years of successful litigation and courtroom experience to offer a fresh outlook for all your legal matters. Regardless of the complexity of your situation, our team can provide you with a thorough evaluation of your case and current legal standing. To request additional information regarding our services, please reach out to our offices at your earliest convenience by calling 814-299-5496.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


100 Meadow Lane
Suite 5
DuBois, PA 15801

Phone: 814-299-5496
Fax: 814-375-5035
DuBois Law Office Map

Review Us